|Frequently Asked Questions
||1. Is this test approved by the Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM)?
Yes, this test is registered and approved by the Medical Devices Authority (MDA) which is the medical devices
division under the Ministry of Health.
2. Is this test accurate?
The accuracy of the test is referred to as the sensitivity and the specicity of the test. Based on the evaluation
done, the Gmate Covid-19 Ag Saliva Home Kit has a sensitivity of 95% and the Specicity of 98% based on a
study of 620 samples.
3. When should I use the test?
- 7 days since the onset of the symptoms.
- When you have been to high-risk locations.
- When you have developed symptoms such as cough, u, fever, diculty breathing, tastelessness and any
symptoms pertaining to the Covid-19 virus.
- As a precaution and peace of mind.
4. I accidentally spit too much saliva into the saliva collection kit, does it aect the accuracy?
No, it doesn’t. However do not spit lesser than the recommended amount into the saliva collection kit.
5. Should I put all the reagent into the saliva collection kit?
Yes, please drop all the reagent into the saliva collection kit.
6. I have accidentally exposed the test kit to high heat in my car, will the kit still be accurate?
The storage condition of the kit needs to be at 2oc to 30 oc and heat will aect the accuracy of the test. In that
case, please purchase a new kit.
7. Should I store the test kit in the fridge?
No, just store it in a cool place at home where it is around 2oc to 30 oc.
8. What should I do if I am positive?
a) Tell a healthcare provider about your positive test result and stay in contact with them during your illness. If
your illness becomes severe, seek medical attention. To avoid spreading the virus to others, follow KKM
b) As much as possible, stay in a specic room and away from other people and pets in your home or place of
residence. If possible, you should use a separate bathroom. If you need to be around other people or animals
in or outside of the home or place of residence, wear a mask. Don’t share personal household items, like cups,
towels, and utensils. Monitor your symptoms. If you have an emergency warning sign (including trouble
breathing), seek emergency medical care immediately.
c) Tell your close contacts that they may have been exposed to COVID-19. An infected person can spread COVID-19 starting 48 hours (or 2 days) before the person has any symptoms or tests positive. By letting your close contacts know they may have been exposed to COVID-19, you are helping to protect everyone.
9. I accidentally spilled the saliva and reagent mixture, what should I do?
Clean the surface with a disinfectant solution and leave to dry. Purchase a new test kit.
10. If I did not shake 20 times and press 20 times, or I have lost count, what should I do?
Shake another 20 times and press another 20 times and proceed with the rest of the steps.
11. Can this test be performed on kids?
Yes, it can be performed on kids.
12. Does this test kit detect the variations of Covid-19 virus?
Yes, it does detect the current variations of the Covid-19 virus.
13. What if my test is invalid?
Take a picture of the test kit and contact your reseller/pharmacy to get a replacement.